The log home was originally built by Micajah Dunn in Elizabethtown, Ohio. It was continually occupied til the middle 1950’s, when it was abandoned. The people of Elizabethtown realized they had an artifact worth keeping and put together a fund raising drive to dismantle the home. They then donated it to the Hamilton County Park District.
The springhouse originally stood at Fort Finney, where Cincinnati Gas & Electric now has a power plant. It was in front of this building in 1786, that the Shawnee signed the first treaty with the whites, known as the Treaty of Fort Finney. There is an an actual size color photo of the treaty, from the U.S. Bureau of Archives hanging in the stone springhouse.